To begin the application process, you will need to fill out the AG honors/Earl Warren Fellowship application form, pdf.
You must submit the application materials outlined below by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9:00 AM Pacific time on Wednesday, October 8, 2014. We will not consider incomplete applications, or applications submitted by mail or fax.
Candidates selected to move forward in the process will be notified regarding interviews in mid-October. In-person interviews will be scheduled in November; applicants will be responsible for covering their own travel expenses. Conditional offers will be extended in December. Approximately six individuals will be selected for the 2015 program, though the number of positions available will depend on staffing needs.
Applicants who receive offers must complete the Graduate Legal Assistant or Deputy Attorney General California Civil Service Examination and score in a reachable rank (1-3), pass the California Bar Exam, and pass a fingerprint check. Applicants must complete the applicable civil service examination by May 29, 2015.
If you accept a judicial clerkship for the 2015-2016 term after you have submitted your application, you must withdraw your application by writing to the below e-mail address. We regret that we cannot put applications “on hold” or make offers for the following year. Please consider re-applying at the conclusion of your clerkship.
If you have any questions, please contact your career services office or email@example.com.
Please submit the following documents as attachments to the e-mail submitting your application. Documents not available in electronic format, such as transcripts, should be scanned and attached as PDFs. You should also attach recommendation letters as Word documents or PDFs. Please do not send multiple e-mails; attach all documents to a single e-mail. Incomplete applications or materials submitted by mail or fax will not be considered.
- Completed application, including personal statement
- Writing sample, no more than 15 pages
- Two letters of recommendation from law school professors, judges you have worked with, or others familiar with your legal work. At least one letter should be from a law school professor
- Law-school transcript
- September 1, 2014: Application period begins
- October 8, 2014: All applications must be received by 9:00 AM PST
- Late-October 2014: Candidates selected for interviews will be notified
- November 2014: In-person interviews will be held
- December 2014: Conditional offers extended
- June 30, 2015: Complete the Graduate Legal Assistant or Deputy Attorney General examination
- September 14, 2015: Program begins