Financial Institutions & Lenders
If you are having a problem with your lender or a bank, we suggest you file a complaint with the regulator of that particular company. Below is a general list of who to contact:
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – Protects consumers by enforcing Federal consumer financial laws.
- Office of the Comptroller of the Currency – National Banks (typically have “national” in the name or N.A. after the name) and Federal Savings Associations (may have FSB after the bank name).
- Federal Reserve Board – State charted banks that are members of the Federal Reserve System.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Commission – State-charted banks, including state savings banks that are not members of the Federal Reserve System.
- National Credit Union Association – Federally insured credit unions.
- Department of Business Oversight – State licensed banks, state chartered credit unions, foreign banks, industrial banks, most mortgage servicers, and deferred deposit originators (payday loans companies).
If you are unsure of your lender’s regulator, use the FDIC’s Bank Find.