Troubleshooting Tips for Interactive Training Course
If you continue to have problems with the interactive course please use the NON-INTERACTIVE COURSE.
This checklist identifies some common problems for users. Wherever the checklist recommends downloading software, please ensure that such downloads are conducted in accordance with your agency’s policies. Thus, you may wish to contact your agency’s Information Technology office.
You must use Mozilla, Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer to launch the interactive ethics training course. Because of specialized software used, the course will not work in other browsers. Recommended Browser Settings:
- Enable browser caching
- Enable Active Scripting and Scripting of Java Applets
- Support .ZIP, .JAR, or .CAB Java Applets
- Recommended: Enable Java Console
- Requires cookies on a content-only installation when not used with an LMS
- A browser enabled with a pop-up blocker (or similar window blocking tool) may interfere with the launch of the Job Aids, NASBA, Help, and SkillBriefs windows from the SkillSoft Course Player. If this occurs, SkillSoft recommends you set the blocking tool to "Always allow" for SkillSoft (e.g. sites ending in .skillport.com) or for the site from which you access courseware.
You must have at least a Pentium 400 MHz CPU to support audio playback. Windows users should have at least 128 MB RAM. Macintosh users should have at least 256 MB RAM.
JVM and JRE
If you are using Microsoft Internet Explorer you have the option of using the Microsoft JVM or the SUN JRE (with installed JVM). If you are using Netscape or Mozilla you should have the SUN JRE (with installed JVM).
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
View a complete listing of Technical Specifications for more information about hardware requirements, supported browser versions, supported operating systems, web accessibility, supported languages, and JVM and JRE versions and support.
USE THE NON-INTERACTIVE COURSE
If you cannot launch the interactive training course or your interactive session is interrupted, use the NON-INTERACTIVE COURSE to meet your required ethics training requirement.
Note to State Agency IT: If you are contacted by state officials in your agency who are having problems launching the interactive ethics training course, we ask your assistance in reviewing these troubleshooting tips with them. Among other things, downloading of software may be required. If the state official continues to have difficulty, we ask that you contact us for a CD-Rom alternative that could be made available on your agency’s Intranet to assist state officials meet legally mandatory ethics training requirements.