To assist you, we have created a registration application that is a fillable form. Please note that while you may fill out the form on your computer on-line, your ability to save an unfinished or completed form will depend on your having the full-version of Adobe software. Downloading the form onto your computer will allow you to more readily save the data.
See also FAQs.
ISEVPO Registration Form, pdf
Please review these basic guidelines and instructions for completing your INTERNATIONAL STUDENT EXCHANGE AGENCY APPLICATION. See also FAQs.
- Document must be typewritten or printed legibly.
- All sections of the form must be completed.
- All International Student Exchange Placement Organizations must be in compliance with all local, state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Out-of-state corporations must be qualified in the State of California before registering as an International Student Exchange Agency. Information on how to qualify to do business in California is available from the Secretary of State.
- A nonprofit public benefit corporation and any other person or entity who holds assets for charitable purposes must be currently registered with the Attorney General’s Registry of Charitable Trusts and must be current in its reporting requirements with the Registry of Charitable Trusts before registering as an International Student Exchange Agency. For information on the registration and reporting requirements of the Registry of Charitable Trusts, visit the Attorney General’s Charities web page.
- Registration forms not accompanied by certified check will be returned unprocessed.
- Registration requirement applies to any person, partnership, corporation or entity that within any five-year period arranges placement of foreign exchange students in kindergarten through grade 12.
- Registrations are valid for one (1) calendar year, beginning January 15.
- Renewals must be submitted by January 15 of the calendar year in which the organization intends to do business in the state.
- Organizations that fail to renew by January 15 must register as a new applicant for that calendar year.
- Any changes in registration information must be submitted to the Office of the Attorney General within thirty (30) days.
- Mail ORIGINAL and ONE (1) COPY of your completed registration application to:
Office of the Attorney General
International Student Exchange Agency Registration
455 Golden Gate Avenue, Suite 11000
San Francisco, CA 94102
- A list of students placed in California schools during the previous calendar year is required. The format is found on the Checklist.
The ISEPO registration requirements are governed by California Government Code §§ 12620-12630 and California Code of Regulations, Title 11, §§350-381.