To begin the application process, you will need to fill out a State application (STD 678) and the AG Honors Program Application. You will also need to provide a resume, a writing sample, a personal statement, two letters of recommendation, and law school transcripts. Please see "Application Checklist" section below for more detailed information.
Completed applications and all required documents may be submitted electronically through your CalCareers account at www.jobs.ca.gov. If you choose not to apply electronically, a hard copy application package (postmarked by October 11, 2019) may be submitted by mailing it to the address listed below. We will not consider incomplete applications or applications submitted by email or fax.
Candidates selected to move forward in the process will be notified regarding interviews in November 2019. In-person interviews will be scheduled at the beginning of December 2019. Applicants will be responsible for covering their own travel expenses.
If you have any questions, please contact your career services office or email@example.com.
Please note: If you are applying to both the Honors Program and the Earl Warren Fellowship, a complete application package must be submitted for each program.
Completed Examination/Employment Application (STD 678) and applicable or required documents must be submitted to apply for this program. Completed applications and all required documents must be received or postmarked by the final filing date in order to be considered (October 11, 2019). Incomplete applications or materials submitted by email or fax will not be considered.
If mailing, please send your completed application packet to:
Department of Justice
Attorney General's Honors Program
Attn: Danielle Newman
1300 I Street, 7th floor
Sacramento, CA, 95814
- State Examination/Employment Application (STD 678 )
- Completed AG Honors Program Application
- Personal statement
- Writing sample, no more than 15 pages
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your legal work. At least one letter should be from a law school professor.
- Law school transcript (unofficial transcripts will be accepted)
- August 26, 2019: Application period begins
- October 11, 2019: All applications must be received or postmarked by this date
- November 2019: Candidates selected for interviews will be notified
- December 2019: In-person interviews will be held
- September 14, 2020: Program begins