State of California Department of Justice
Earl Warren Solicitor General Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- The Earl Warren Solicitor General Fellowship is open to judicial clerks and individuals participating in government, academic, or public interest fellowships who will complete their clerkships or fellowships by September 3, 2013 and attorneys in their first four years of practice.
- Applicants in the top 10 percent of their graduating class are preferred.
- Experience working at a law review or other journal is required.
- Judicial clerkship experience at the U.S. Supreme Court, the California Supreme Court, or a Federal Court of Appeals (any circuit) is required.
- Excellent writing skills are required.
- A strong interest in appellate work is preferred.
- The program requires a two-year commitment, beginning in September 2013.
- Applicants must be members of the California Bar, or plan to take July 2013 bar exam. Failure to pass the California bar exam may result in termination from the program.