Major League Sports Raffle Program
Overview of the Major League Sports Raffle Program
In 2015, the Legislature enacted Penal Code section 320.6, which authorizes 50/50 raffles conducted by eligible organizations at major league sports home games. As authorized, 50 percent of the gross receipts generated from the sale of raffle tickets must be used to benefit or provide support for beneficial or charitable purposes in California, and the other 50 percent must be paid to the winner, which is determined by a manual draw.
Title 11, Division 3, Chapter 1 of the California Code of Regulations outlines the specific requirements for organization participation in the Major League Sports Raffle Program, including but not limited to: eligibility; registration types and processes; equipment registration and use; and, discipline and penalties for violations of statute and regulations. Persons who wish to participate in the Major League Sports Raffle Program should be familiar with the provisions of California Penal Code section 320.6 and the Major League Sports Raffle Program regulations The approved regulations can be found at the California Code of Regulations tab on the Office of Administrative Law webpage at: https://oal.ca.gov.
- BGC 200: Major League Sports Raffle Eligible Organization Annual Registration Form, pdf
- BGC 201: Major League Sports Raffle Manufacturer and Distributor Annual Registration Form, pdf
- BGC 202: Major League Sports Raffle Manual Draw Supervisor Registration Form, pdf
- BGC 203 Major League Sports Raffle Eligible Organization Annual Report, pdf
- BGC 204 Major League Sports Raffle Eligible Organization Registered Event Registration Form, pdf
- BGC 205 Major League Sports Raffle Eligible Organization-Equipment Registration Form, pdf
- BGC 206 Major League Sports Raffle Electronic Raffle System and Equipment Checklist and Test Draw, pdf
An eligible organization should submit a registration form for itself (BGC 200), a registration form for affiliated persons (BGC 203), an equipment registration form (BGC 206), and a raffle registration form (BGC 205).
Please note: For identification verification, you must provide the government issued identification number for each person applying for registration. If the government issued form of identification provided is not a California driver license or identification card, please indicate on the BGC form from which state/entity it was issued.
In order for the Bureau to process registration applications, the required form(s) must be complete, signed, and accompanied with any fee (if required).