Updated Forms Now Available!
Effective February 1, 2020, updated forms for charity, raffle and professional fundraiser registrants are required. Significant changes to the forms include:
- Charity registrants must file new Form CT-TR-1 annually along with Form RRF-1 if the registrant is not required to file and does not file IRS Form 990 or 990-EZ because they do not meet the revenue requirements. Registrants who file IRS Form 990 or 990-EZ do not need to file Form CT-TR-1;
- Annual registration renewal Form RRF-1 now requires reporting additional information, including noncash donations;
- Initial registration Form CT-1 now requires additional information such as DBAs and prior enforcement actions; and
- Changes were also made to all professional fundraiser forms and the raffle forms (registration and reporting).
Links to topics below
Forms are periodically updated. Only the latest version will be accepted so be sure to visit the appropriate Registry program page to download the latest versions before filing.
To direct you to the correct forms, see the appropriate section below based on whether your organization is a charitable entity or professional fundraiser. The form for submitting a complaint against a nonprofit is also available.
Charity & Charitable Trust Forms
Initial Registration Forms, Guides and Instructions
All entities that are required to register with the Attorney General's Registry of Charitable Trusts must file an initial registration package. See the Initial Registration page for the appropriate downloadable forms, guides, instructions and FAQs.
- Annual Registration Renewal Forms, Guides and Instructions
All registrants must report annually by submitting certain forms and supplementary attachments depending on revenue and other factors.
Registrants current in their annual filings may use the Online Renewal System or file by mail. See the Annual Registration Renewal page for the appropriate downloadable forms, guides, instructions and FAQs.
Registrants delinquent in their annual filings will find the same downloadable forms available on the Delinquency page along with instructions, a webinar and FAQs specific to curing delinquency.
Nonprofit Raffle Program Forms, Guides and Instructions
A Raffle registration application form must be filed and approved before conducting any raffle activities during a raffle registration year (September 1 to August 31). Raffles may be conducted by nonprofits after receiving a letter of confirmation from the Registry of Charitable Trusts. Registrants must also file a single aggregate report for all raffles held during the reporting/registration year. See the Nonprofit Raffles page for the appropriate downloadable forms, guides, instructions and FAQs.
Professional Fundraiser Forms
Commercial fundraisers, fundraising counsels, and commercial coventurers must register and report annually. For an overview, including a webinar, see the Professional Fundraiser Home page. For the downloadable forms, instructions and FAQs, select the appropriate professional fundraiser type:
- Individuals who wish to file a complaint against a charity, nonprofit or other public benefit corporation may use the downloadable form, instructions and FAQs on the Complaints page