Regulations: Privacy Notices
The proposed rulemaking will amend section 4002 for the sole purpose of updating the revision dates of Bureau of Firearms forms to correspond with the addition of a privacy notice to each form. It should be noted that the information required on each of the forms, as previously established via incorporation by reference, is not being changed by this rulemaking activity.
California Code of Regulations, Title 11, Division 5, Chapter 1
Status of the Proposal
This rulemaking is complete.
On August 2, 2018 the Office of Administrative Law approved the Department of Justice’s regulations regarding Assault Weapon Definitions and filed them with the Secretary of State. This regulation becomes effective on October 1, 2018.
45-Day Comment Period Documentation
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (including Informative Digest), pdf
- Text of Proposed Regulations, pdf
- Forms Incorporated by Reference, pdf
- Initial Statement of Reasons, pdf
- STD 399 Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement, pdf
- STD 400 (Part A) Notice Publication, pdf
Final Rulemaking Documents
NOTE: This webpage will be deleted 12 months after the rulemaking is completed and the regulation is filed with the Secretary of State.