Regulations: California Firearms Application Reporting System (CFARS)
This rulemaking action specifies how an individual can create a CFARS account.
California Code of Regulations, Title 11, Division 5, Chapter 12, 39 and 41
Sections: 4340, 5473, 5474, 5512, 5513
Status of the Proposal
This rulemaking is complete.
On May 28, 2019 the Office of Administrative Law approved the Department of Justice’s regulations regarding the California Firearms Application Reporting System (CFARS) and filed them with the Secretary of State. This regulation becomes effective on July 1, 2019.
45-Day Comment Period Documentation
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (including Informative Digest), pdf
- Text of Proposed Regulations, pdf
- Initial Statement of Reasons, pdf
- STD 399 Economic and Fiscal Impact Statement, pdf
- STD 400 (Part A) Notice Publication, pdf
Final Rulemaking Documents
Anyone submitting a comment regarding a proposed action has the right to request a copy of the final statement of reasons
NOTE: This webpage will be deleted 12 months after the rulemaking is completed and the regulation is filed with the Secretary of State.