- You can renew your registration online only if you have previously been registered.
- You must have a Temp ID and Passcode. This Information can be found on your renewal letter.
- If you renew online, the attestation form you received in the mail should not be submitted.
Four Steps to Renewing Online:
Step 1: Use your Temp ID and passcode (One time use only).
Step 2: Type the prompted CAPTCHA for validation.
Step 3: Complete sections 1 - 8 and review before submission. Select the E-Signature button. Each owner will receive an e-mail that contains the Temp ID and Passcode to complete the E-Signature.
Step 4: Payment options: $6.95 convenience fee for all online payments.*
To make a payment by credit card, click on E-pay.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover; or
- Submit a check by mail to 300 S. Spring Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013. The check should be made payable to Department of Justice.
Before submitting, we recommend printing the review page for your records. If you renew online, do not submit an attestation form which was previously mailed.
If you are experiencing problems, we suggest using different browsers like: Firefox v.24 and up or Internet Explorer v.11 and up.
*Registration fees, late fees and the $6.95 convenience fees are nonrefundable.