State of California Department of Justice
California Tobacco Directory Legislation & Regulations
Regulations Related to the California Tobacco Directory
- Emergency Regulation – Tobacco Escrow Agreement January 8, 2019
- Tobacco Escrow Agreement – Notice of Emergency Action
- Tobacco Escrow Agreement – Finding of Emergency
- Tobacco Escrow Agreement – Proposed Text
- Tobacco Escrow Agreement – Approved Tobacco Escrow Agreement
- Tobacco Escrow Agreement – Repealed Tobacco Escrow Agreement
- Tobacco Escrow Agreement – STD 399 12/19/18
- Tobacco Escrow Agreement – STD 400 12/19/18
- Tobacco Escrow Agreement – Notice of Approval of Emergency Regulatory Action
- California Tobacco Directory Regulations, pdf
These regulations to implement state law establishing the California Tobacco Directory for tobacco product manufacturers.
Legislation Related to the California Tobacco Directory
- California Reserve Fund Statute, pdf
The California Reserve Fund Statute, Health and Safety Code sections 104555-104557, requires tobacco product manufacturers whose Cigarettes are sold in California to either sign onto the Master Settlement Agreement ("MSA") or establish and properly fund a Qualified Escrow Fund to reflect the number of each manufacturer's Cigarettes sold in California. The Reserve Fund Statute also establishes penalties for noncompliance with its terms.
- California Complementary Legislation, pdf
The California Complementary Legislation (or "directory law"), Revenue and Taxation Code section 30165.1, requires the Attorney General to publish a directory of tobacco product manufacturers and brand families of cigarettes and roll-your-own tobacco that are lawful for sale in California. Any tobacco product manufacturer who wishes to sell its cigarettes or roll-your-own tobacco products in California must certify that it is in compliance with Health and Safety Code sections 104555-104557, Revenue and Taxation Code section 30165.1, Business and Professions Code section 22979, and the regulations implementing these statutes (Cal. Code Regs., tit. 11, ch. 16, §§ 999.10-999.29).
- California Cigarette and Tobacco Products Licensing Act of 2003, pdf
The California Cigarette and Tobacco Products Licensing Act, Division 8.6 (commencing with section 22970) of the Business and Professions Code, requires cigarette and tobacco product manufacturers, importers, wholesalers, distributors, and retailers to be licensed by the Board of Equalization and provides conditions for obtaining and maintaining such licenses.
- California Fire Safety and Firefighter Protection Act, pdf
The California Fire Safety and Firefighter Protection Act, Health and Safety Code sections 14950-14960, prohibits a person from selling, offering, or possessing for sale in California any cigarettes not in compliance with the testing, performance standard, marking, and certification requirements of this statute.